Uganda Wildlife Authority Staff Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Ltd.
To be the leading SACCO providing quality and dynamic financial services to members.
To give an opportunity to members to mobilize savings provide affordable credit facilities for promotion of the socio-economic welfare of members through prudent management and diversification of product while recognizing the interests of stakeholders
The Uganda wildlife Authority Staff Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Ltd (UWA-SACCO) was registered on 25th August 2010 (Registration Number 9342/RCS) by the registrar of Co-operative Societies in Uganda but started its Operation in October 2010 under the Management of the interim committee. The committee managed the SACCO for the recommendable period of six (6) months within which they called for the general assembly that elected the first substantive Executive Committee in April 2011.
The UWA SACCO pledges to realise the vision and mission by upholding the following core values.
All SACCO members are given equal opportunities to promote themselves through savings and credits.
All stakeholders are advised to observe utmost confidentiality regarding society matters.
The SACCO upholds a high degree of honesty and moral principles in serving its members and other stakeholders.
The SACCO strives to carry out all its dealing in an accountable manner. The SACCO is accountable to its members, the government and other stakeholders.
Under the general principal of financial safety and soundness, the purpose of the UWA staff SACCO is basically to improve the staff welfare, by providing its members with:
- Savings, deposits, and related financial services earning competitive rates of interest (7% per annum) and minimizing financial risks on such savings.
- Loan services at cost allowing the society to cover its costs including legal reserves, for loan losses and other required reserves.
- Any other necessary legally authorized and economically feasible financial services demanded by its members.
To fulfil the objectives, the society endeavours to develop, promote and implement the following activities:
- Savings mobilization programs and branding campaigns.
- Credit programs and services based on the borrower's repayments capacity.
- Individuals as well as joint financial programs and services with other entities with similar objectives.
- Educational programs on savings, loans and other financial services and products, their use and consumption, as well as consumer protection programs regarding financial services and general co-operative issues.
- For the attainment of the above objects the society may do all acts and things that are and the Bylaws.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
For one to become a member of the SACCO, one needs to:
- Fill in a membership application form,
- Pay a membership fee of UGX 10,000,
- Raise share capital minimum of UGX 50,000 (2 shares)
- Pay an annual subscription of UGX 10,000
- Fill an authorization form for monthly contributions of not less than UGX 25000 per month.
WHAT YOU EXPECT AFTER JOINING?
- Membership Certificate.
- SACCO Passbook
- Commit a monthly contribution as saving which shouldn't be less than UGX 25,000= that should be deducted from source (on the payroll).
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- All staff regardless of the rank.
- It is voluntary so one joins and leaves at his own will.
BENEFITS TO THE MEMBERS
- Get membership certificate (of 2 ordinary shares).
- Able to save for the future up to the tune of 3/4th of your monthly salary.
- Get credit instantly which is as much as three times your savings.
- Loan interest rate is very low (7% per annum)
- And interest is computed on a flat rate.
- Benefits of interest on saving.
- Benefits of dividends on shares.
- If you don't want to borrow, you can access up to 70% of your accumulated savings as and when you need it.
- In case of death your next of kin claims your savings.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR LOAN?
- Any member who has saved for at least six months.
- The maximum loan amount you can get is up to "three times" the value of your savings.
- Loan money is directly deposited onto your account using the EFT which costs you
MODE OF PAYMENT
Savings and loan recoveries are done at sources but for those who may wish to pay cash can do it to the
bank account below:
Account Title: UWA - STAFF SACCO
Account No.: 0400037693
Bank: Housing Finance Bank
Branch: Ntinda Branch
Account Title: UWA - STAFF SACCO
Account No.: 3720400046
Bank: Centenary Bank
Branch: Mapeera Branch
CESSATION FROM MEMBERSHIP
A member whose share balance falls below the value of the share.
- A member voluntarily withdraws from the society
- A member dies
- Such a member is dismissed from society.
PAYMENTS RESULTING FROM WITHDRAWAL, TERMINATION OR EXPULSION FROM MEMBERSHIP
- Withdrawal, expulsion, or termination of membership will not exonerate a member from any personal or membership liability.
- The Society will re-imbrues the withdrawing Member
- All the savings made for that period.
- All the share capital value
- Any outstanding interests and dividends
- In the case of a member withdrawing voluntarily, such a member shall give a notice of 60 Calendar days within which refund of his/her net balance in his/her favours shall be made.
- When membership is terminated, the society shall recover all balances in its favours from the said member .