As Uganda continues to manage the impacts of COVID-19 and welcome visitors to the various destinations around the country, Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is pleased to inform the general public that it will be running a tourism promotion price discount.
Our visitors are at the heart of our conservation efforts and as we enter into this festive season, we are glad to be able to reward them for their continued support throughout the years and more especially through this period of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Promotion on Park Entrance
The following discounts have been offered with effect from 1st December 2020 to 30th June 2021
- 50% discount on the park entrance fee for Lake Mburo National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Kidepo Valley National Park, Murchison Falls National Park, Semuliki National Park, Toro Semuliki Wildlife Reserve, Katonga Wildlife Reserve, Kabwoya Wildlife Reserve and Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve.
- 50% discount on birding fees.
Tourism Promotion prices for Gorilla and chimpanzee tracking as follows:
- East African Community citizen gorilla tracking permits reduced from UGX250,000 to UGX150,000
- Foreign Resident gorilla tracking permits reduced from USD600 to USD 300
- Foreign Non Resident gorilla tracking permits reduced from USD700 to USD 400
- East African Community resident chimpanzee tracking permits reduced from UGX150,000 to UGX100,000
- Foreign Resident chimpanzee tracking permits reduced from USD150 to USD100
- Foreign Non-Resident chimpanzee tracking permits reduced from USD200 to USD150
Prices Duration and terms
The tourism promotion on the gorilla and chimpanzee tracking will only apply to new purchases between 1st December 2020 and 30th June 2021 and will not apply to reschedules of already deposited on permits or purchases using credit letters.
No reschedules will be allowed for these promotional permits beyond the promotional period, therefore all the promotional permits have to be used within the promotional period.
UWA further reminds its visitors that we shall continue to adhere to the COVID-19 guidelines throughout this period, which can be downloaded from the UWA website
For more information please contact our reservations office
call +256 414 355 409/10